Friday, October 22, 2004

All Hail Dell! Dude! 

I bow in supplication before the Gods and Goddesses of Dell Computer. Here is my tale, by day:

Monday: Unfortunate latte incident. Computer responds negatively.

Tuesday: Dell assures me that the repair is covered under my accidental damage protection. They will send DHL Wednesday to pack and ship my notebook. I should expect it back 3-5 business days after they receive it. I am to remove the hard drive and reinstall it upon notebook return.

Wednesday: DHL carefully packs and takes away my computer.

Thursday: Using the tracking number, I see that Dell received the computer at 7:30 a.m.

Friday: I get a call from the front desk that my computer has returned!!!!!! Sure enough, The Guyfriend reinstalls the hard drive, boots it up, and everything is there, right up to the moment of the spillage.

What did they replace? System board, CPU, video card, LCD cable, EMI shield, Palmrest assembly, keyboard and heat sink. In other words: yeah, I fried it. But now, it's like nothing happened. At no additional cost to me.

Life is good.

|
Posted by Beth Henderson at 2:47 PM