Thursday, March 31, 2005

Has Anyone Seen My Brain? 

I've been feeling a bit under the weather for the last few days, hence the limited posting. Some sort of brain fog moved in. What little area of functional grey matter remained was taken up with processing the pressing question of "What courses should I take next semester?"

Next semester I'll be a third year (of four) evening student, which makes it my first semester of complete choice. No required courses. Well, not really "required," but there are still all sorts of requirements and "strongly recommended" courses to fit in. We need a certain number of public law courses, skills courses and seminars before graduation, plus the four "strongly recommended" courses (mostly bar staples), plus you have to consider if there are any prerequisites for any advanced courses you might want to take down the line. If you're considering going into tax law, you've got to start on those courses right away or you won't be able to get them all in. Fortunately for me, I'm not going that route.

So this is what I've come up with at this point. I have until April 15th to drop off my completed forms, so I've got time to consider and reconsider:
  • Wills, Estates and Trusts (one of the strongly recommended courses).
  • Advanced Constitutional Law: Civil Rights (satisfies both the Public Law and Seminar requirements, MA Bar)
  • Perspectives: Sexual Orientation and the Law (public law, seminar)
  • Perspectives: Non State Actors (seminar)
  • Accounting for Lawyers
This gives me 5 classes and 12 credits, which is the max you can take in the Evening Division.

The tentative offerings for the Spring semester are also available, and unless the schedule changes I'm thinking of these courses for 2nd semester next year (4 classes, 12 credits):
  • Family Law (MA bar course)
  • Negotiation (Skills)
  • UCC: Sales (MA bar)
  • Business Organizations (strongly recommended, MA bar)
Comments, suggestions from those who have been there?

|
Posted by Beth Henderson at 10:13 AM