Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Oscar Noms 2006 

The date is rapidly approaching – it's almost time for Oscar Night!!!!  We've already designed our Evite invitations, and now we have to add the e-mail addresses and send them on out.  The big dilemma today is whether we'll continue to pick up the Chinese food from our favorite restaurant near our old apartment about 20 minutes from where we live now, or do we go with the place down the street (they also have sushi).  I have a feeling we're going to stick with tradition.  Arlington's Jade Garden has been providing the food for our Oscar Party since its inception five years ( ! ) ago. 

So the nominees are now on alert.  Sadly, I was unable to watch the announcements this year, due to the new work environment.  But my Palm alarm went off this morning at 8:30 to alert me that the magic hour had arrived, and I surfed right on over to Oscar.com to get the scoop.  The Girl and I have seen a good number of them, but we've got our work cut out for us over the next not quite five weeks.  We've already planned on seeing Capote this Friday evening, we saw King Kong over the weekend and we watched Charlie and the Chocolate Factory on DVD last weekend.  We've been to Walk the Line, Brokeback Mountain, Good Night and Good Luck, North Country, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire and Star Wars Episode III Revenge of the Sith.  In recent weeks and months we've rented Crash, Cinderella Man, Constant Gardener, War of the Worlds and March of the Penguins.  Last night my Business Organizations professor assigned us all to rent Enron: The Smartest Guys in the Room as part of a make up class, and we'll then discuss it in class.  Of course I surfed right over to my Netflix queue and moved it up.

Check out the full list of nominees at the Oscar.com Nominees page.  I'll post them here later (promises, promises, but the full list is too much for a surreptitious e-mail post).


|
Posted by Beth Henderson at 9:18 AM