Friday, October 13, 2006

Great email! Oh, wait... 

At the end of my last class last night, around 9:00 pm, I checked my email with my Palm.  The Palm will download part of the email and then ask if you want to get the rest, but usually what has been downloaded is enough for me to get the idea.  One of the emails had a wonderful message.  "Here is your mortgage commitment letter."  Yahoo!  We've got final approval!  We had been "preapproved," but that is an initial statement that the mortgage company feels they will in all likelihood approve you, but they then have to extract every last bit of proof of your existence and financial history from your current and previous 10 lives. 

This morning I logged onto Comcast and opened the attachment so I could look over the entire letter.  Blah, blah, blah, standard, standard, standard… Wait – what?  For this commitment letter to be valid, it must be signed by the borrowers and returned to the mortgage company by October 12, 2006.  That was yesterday.  I received the freaking email on the run at 9:00 pm on the night they expected it signed and faxed back? 

I left voicemail and email for the broker, who specifically wrote, "Call me if you have any questions," but have not yet heard back.  We're doing the whole process where I print it, sign it, fax it to The Girl, who prints it, signs it and faxes it to them.  I'd just like some confirmation that it's still valid.

In other news, we got our first quote from movers.  This one's from the company we used in our last move – they had the best price and were very friendly and efficient.  The Girl walked the guy through the apartment, while he commented on the fact that we indeed have "a lot" of stuff.  He also started preparing her for the fact that this would be a very long moving day, and that we need to accelerate our packing if we're going to be ready.  He said because we have a lot of antiques, we'd be best with two trucks so they wouldn't have to jam pack one truck. 

Estimated moving costs: Two trucks, four guys, 12-14 hours, 2600 bucks.

Getting away from adolescent thugs and trashy neighbors: Priceless.


|
Posted by Beth Henderson at 11:26 AM