Friday, May 15, 2009

Battery Power 

I’ve had it with batteries trying to tell me what to do and when to do it. My wireless keyboard has been flashing its warning icon for two weeks, and for almost as long has been sending forth its popup box that “keyboard battery levels are critical.” The last time this happened I promptly changed the batteries, but that was only a few months ago. So now, while I do have emergency transplant double-A’s standing by, I’m not going ahead with the procedure until the keyboard patient codes. These puppies aren’t getting relieved until they’ve given me 100% of their available power. The same thing happened with the Wii Fit balance board. I’d start it up and it would tell me to replace the batteries soon, but then it would work just fine. I pushed that baby until it finally refused to go past the warning and would simply reset after expending its last electrons giving me the warning. That’s dedication.

|
Posted by Beth Henderson at 10:32 AM